- Update equipment: Our current playgrounds were installed more than 20 years ago and have been well-loved by thousands of kids since.
- Leverage district funds: Every elementary school in the Stillwater school district has been given a bond to resurface their playgrounds, however, the new surface can’t be installed until the playgrounds are updated. Playground equipment needs to remain safe and usable for 10 years, which is the life of the new surface.
- Increase safety: Did you know that 79% of playground injuries are due to falls on the surface? The material funded through the district bond will reduce impact injuries significantly as compared to the current wood chip fill.
- Expand kindergarten playground: Our kindergarten playground was actually never completed. With the recent addition of pre-K to our school, this playground is now serving nearly twice the students than intended when originally designed.
- Invest in a community asset: These playgrounds serve as a park to local residents. Our school and community survey results indicate you want updated playgrounds with more equipment, safer surfaces and more shade.
Please see the FAQ’s tab for more details
Pre-School & Kindergarten Playground Design
North Playground Design
“With our expanding preschool and Kindergarten programs the early childhood playground needs to be able to keep up with the demands.” – Tim Hackbarth
“The playground no longer has the capacity to hold our program. It also lacks the proper equipment to provide appropriate physical challenges for our kids.” – Mary Galles
“Gross motor play is an integral part of their day. Increasing play structures enables them to meet those needs in a more child friendly way. Some kids need the play structures to be inviting to help them build their play and social skills.” – Kim Schneider